#28 Athens, TX

2006 June 26

GTT Trip 

 I left Fort Worth headed to Athens to visit with my cousin Sharon and her clan. On the way, I passed through Midlothian, Texas which apparently knows something about cement.

A few miles down the road from Midlothian is Waxahachie.
This is the newly renovated courthouse of Ellis County.

I'm not sure how Gun Barrel City got it's name...
But one story says that the town name is derived from its motto, "We shoot straight with you," and its symbol, a rifle.
Here's cousin Sharon and some of her clan. I want to be in Athens, Georgia on June 29th for the International Women in Motorcycling Conference. So the next few days I will be traveling from Athens to Athens.    
Stay tuned...there may be a twist.

Copyright 2006 Fleeter Logs

No comments:

Post a Comment